Remove this ad

tim

superstar

Lead

Mar 5 13 8:13 PM

Tags : :

Hey Everyone, 

Remember - Game Day this Saturday.  Same location, same time.  Saturday March 9th 9:00 am at the Winter St Center in Bath.

The weather should be beautiful this time, and perhaps even 'warm.'

There have been a few slight changes in the game schedule- see the attached file.  The highlights are:  Mike Tribou running Command Decision: Test of Battle, on the Russian Front.  A B.E.L. Scenario from myself... and sadly, no Medieval game as Chris will be at Cold Wars.  

But hold onto those knights, they might come in handy later.  Stay tuned.

We will have Coffee.  

We still need items for the Ticket Auction, so bring your good stuff that you know you will never get to.

Doors will be open for AM GM's and anyone wanting to setup by 7:45 - First game at 9:00

See you all Saturday - Tim  

Click here to view the attachment
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Mar 6 13 12:33 PM

Hope everyone has a blast at Game Day - wish I could be with y'all. Chris and I will be online at Cold Wars. If anyone has a really cool scene from a game email a pic. dparker@lunatech3d.com  We'll check it out. You really can be in two places at once.

Dave Parker

Dave Parker 603.777.2770 cell

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Mar 7 13 2:15 PM

Got issues that will keep me from coming up this time.  Two bummers, here and not getting there.

Hope folks have lots of fun with what looks like a very good line up of games!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 7 13 5:09 PM

Sorry to hear it Mark.  I was hoping to talk about the Friday night ACW game for Huzzah!  Do you have a list of what you need for troops?  Possible game test dates?  Let us know how we can help.

Quote    Reply   

tim

superstar

#5 [url]

Mar 8 13 6:48 AM

I neglected to mention, because of the rescheduling chaos, that Dave Schuster is running "Check your Six!" in the am slot.

See you all tomorrow

T

"In great deeds, something abides. On great fields, something stays." -- J.L. Chamberlain from dedication of Maine monuments at Gettysburg 1888

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Mar 8 13 10:26 AM

I was hoping to talk about the Friday night ACW game for Huzzah!  Do you have a list of what you need for troops?  Possible game test dates?  Let us know how we can help.   

-wargaminginmaine

Troop list will be coming relatively soon. There were two dates provided previously for play testing, yet no reply to those, and my schedule kept moving. Might try setting up another, but I'll be playtesting here even if not.  I'll update the thread in the Huzzah! 2013 area for the Heth's Initial Attack game for Friday evening at the convention relatively soon as well.  Thanks!

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Mar 10 13 6:35 AM

I wish I could have made it, but family obligations kept me home.  But, the corned beef and cabbage diner was awesome!
Has anyone got any game day pics to post?
Thanks,
Bob

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

tinman

superstar

#9 [url]

Mar 10 13 6:42 AM

Game day was great and a lot of fun. We had a lot of people show up considering it was a make-up date from the snowed out date in February. We even had a guests come down from the Game Loft, which included seven young men who got their first taste of gaming with historical miniatures.

Pictures can be found at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/113716878772173613244/GameDayMarch2013?authkey=Gv1sRgCK_EyfzS04SddQ#

Mike

Click here to view the attachment

Quote    Reply   

tim

superstar

#11 [url]

Mar 11 13 5:36 AM

Thanks everyone for yet another spectacular day of Gaming.  The kids from the Game Loft in Belfast all seemed to enjoy themselves, and I think some of the GM's that worked with them could attest to the fact that although they had a bit of a warmup period, they all came around.  This is no small feat when you realize that this was the first time doing Historical Wargaming for any of those kids.  

And I want to give all the GM's and players who interacted with them an additional pat on the back for making what can be (we all remember) a very intimidating experience easy and above all fun for them. Above all this is exactly the kind of outreach that is our mission.

Of course thanks to all the GM's who made it out for a rescheduled event, I know we lost a couple attendees, but gained a couple more so in the end it was a great turnout, as Dean said above.  

And of course thanks to all the gamers, I continually marvel at what a great group of people we are.  

So yes Ken's right - full speed on to Huzzah from here, then we will have a post Huzzah event (Flea Market) in late July or August... Stay tuned.

Oh and anyone else that has pictures of the event please post them to our Wargaming in Maine Facebook page,  Dean has already, and Mike has a link above.  But the more we post up there to show what we are up to the better.

Tim Richter

"In great deeds, something abides. On great fields, something stays." -- J.L. Chamberlain from dedication of Maine monuments at Gettysburg 1888

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Mar 12 13 3:26 PM

Seven students and two adults from the Game Loft. Jeff Estabrook and his son, Simon, also joined us.  They are not new to the game days or group, but they have been overseas the last couple of years.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Mar 13 13 12:54 PM

Thats is super!

Good to see they have a plan for getting involved with Huzzah! 2013 as well.  If this is advertised, then perhaps other youngsters might also be motivated to attend and particpate with what these students have going on at the convention.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help