Remove this ad

Lead

May 6 13 9:33 AM

Tags : :

Folks ...

Can't believe the weekend already went past so fast!

Thanks to all the attendees, vendors, and volunteers!  Without all those folks participating as they have, the event wouldn't have been as grand as it seemed.  Thank you to everyone for all your efforts and involvement with Huzzah! 2013, much appreciated.

Planning to sort through some photos when I have a free moment, and then get some posted for folks to see.

Thanks again folks!

smile

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

kodiak

superstar

#1 [url]

May 6 13 4:34 PM

Great event.  I really liked the location and what a fantastic bunch of games.  I can hardly wait for next year.  

..."And to the Republic, for which it stands."

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

May 7 13 10:09 AM

So.... What are we doing this weekend? 

-tinman

Going to see what progress can continue on some ACW figures, giving consideration to taking "Heth's Initial Attack" to Historicon since the theme is ACW for 2013.  Got to make the commitment to go to Fredricksburg though.  With the impending release of Sam Mustafa's rules called "Longstreet", evidently being structured for both 2 player and multi player games (last years "Maurice" seemingly better as a two player game), I'll be aiming at getting as many ACW figures done as possible.

Of course there is much work needed on my WotRs figures for Day of Battle, too.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 7 13 10:11 AM

I'd like to thank evryone who made huzzah possible it was a great event and I'm already looking forward to next year thank you all again.

"It will have blood: They say blood will have blood."

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 8 13 8:35 AM

Huzzah did what gaming conventions can sometimes do: bring old and dear friends back together. It was especially special for me because I have not seen my oldest friends Jeff, Ray and Pat Estabrook in very, very many years. Jeff since before he went to Africa. Jeff and Ray have been friends since about 1972. 

I had a chance to say thanks to many, but thanks especially to everyone who did things behind the scenes who didn't get noticed. Please feel free to give yourselves a free re-roll next time we play in a game.
So - Huzzah! can't be over, I still have raffle tickets left... 

Who is going to Historicon? Carpool? Or a Bus with fire pit and Chris Penny's boar spit?

Dave Parker 603.777.2770 cell

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

May 11 13 8:24 AM

Here are my only two photos from the Heth's Initial Attack scenario done on Friday night ... I was too busy GMing the game and forgot to take more ... 

This pictures shows MacPherson's ridge dominating the center of play.  The rise on the left with the Confederate artillery is Herr Ridge, the woods just below it are the Springs Hotel Woods.  MacPherson's Woods are in the center of the middle ridge and off on the upper right is Oak Ridge with Shead's Woods on top.  The Unions are on the left, Confederates on the right.  Davis' rebel brigade is in the upper left, Archer's the lower right.  For the Unions, Cutlers brigade is in the upper right and in the center of Macpherson's ridge with Bufords dismounted cavalry between the two in front of the railroad cut.  The Iron Brigade is just coming into the fight to the lower right, and more of Buford's cavalry is mounted at the lower/south end of the field.

And here is a shot looking from the north end of the map to the south end ...

The Confederates are now on the right in this picture, and the Unions are on the left.

A special thanks to Chris, Dean, and Jim for helping to make this possible with all their figures and fences.  This was very much appreciated gentlemen!

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 13 13 5:31 AM

Enjoyed seeing all those photos Tinman!  I tried to take a couple pictures of your game on Sunday, but couldn't get enough light to provide a good picture.

Been sorting through what I did take over the course of the three days at the convention, and frankly, didn't get much.  I remember deleting quite a few while at the convention, too.  I'll see what I can do to put a few more up soon.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

May 14 13 4:11 AM

Enjoyed seeing all those photos Tinman!  I tried to take a couple pictures of your game on Sunday, but couldn't get enough light to provide a good picture.
Been sorting through what I did take over the course of the three days at the convention, and frankly, didn't get much.  I remember deleting quite a few while at the convention, too.  I'll see what I can do to put a few more up soon.

-gamespoet

Yeah the lighting was realy bad for photos my only real issue with the event was the lighting and/or the heat from the light towers.

Quote    Reply   

tinman

superstar

#11 [url]

May 14 13 6:20 PM

The lighting was far superior for the Check Your 6 games...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help