Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 2 10 1:38 PM

Tags : :

Okay everyone.  As you are all well aware, and as many of you are engaged, the Battle of Sabis project is well underway but January has to be our big push to get as many figures painted as possible!  Our challenge is to get roughly 2,500 figures painted by the end of the month.  Yep.  By January 31st, we'd like to have about 80% of the total troops painted.  This will allow us to start basing them in February and March, and get some game testing in.

I know, its a daunting project, but we said we could do it and we will!  Its winter.  Its snowing like crazy out there so what can keep us away from the task?  There are pockets of you all over the state, New England, and even across the country, currently working away at anywhere from 30 to 600 figs.  Here is what we can do to help one another meet our goal.

1. Email me the number of figures you have completed already and I'll post updates to the forum.
2. Send photos!  People love to see what others have been doing.  It provides inspiration- and a kick in the pants!
3. Get them into the mail as soon as you can.
4. Post, post, post on the forum.  Let us see what you are up to, how your troops are coming along.  If you've been mod'ing figures, tell us about it!
5. Set yourself a painting goal and stick to it.  How many figs per day, or week?
6. Get a friend to help with the figures you have on hand, or I'll get them their own units

If you are not yet involved but would like to be, LET ME KNOW!  I have some Germans I can send out, some Romans too.  In fact, we are now contemplating adding some Romans in just tunics to represent the cohorts that were surprised and fought without their armor.  These will paint quickly.  You could knock off a unit in no time!

This game is going to be awesome and you can be a part of it.  Help the club get as many troops painted by the end of the month as possible, and, when we get to the Game Day in February, I'll have all the troops on hand and a table set up for basing.  Attend the game day and check out what we've been able to accomplish.  Dont forget to keep the empty sprues too.  I plan to bring these back to Wargames Factory in the same box they sent out the figs!

Thanks to all.  This really is going to be cool, something we will look back on and remember for years.  Oh, and by the way, Wargames Illustrated has expressed interest in an article about the project.  Details are being worked out, but how cool is that?  Not only will you remember this project, but gamers all over the world will read about it.

On your mark, get ready, set, PAINT!

Have fun too.

Huzzah!

Dean

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jan 2 10 2:00 PM

Excellent!  Thanks, Wes.  I left a copy of Ancient Warfare magazine for you at the Greenhouse too so be sure to ask Josh about it when you see him.  Its one of the copies donated to the effort and it details Caesar's campaigns in Gaul.

Well done!

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 19 10 4:13 PM

Thanks Dean,

Figures arrived today.

Are you still mounting them up on 1" washers?  I can mont them before I send them back, but I dont suppose they would match whatever you guys are doing...  Just let me know.

Andy

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Apr 21 10 12:39 PM

Hey Dean,
     Between a death in the family, moving, getting married and working 70 plus hours every week my painting time has been VERY limited over the past few months. Anyway, I have the Nervii you sent home with me many months ago nearly completed. I was just wondering how you are mounting them. I could mail them out when they are finished but it's gonna be last minute. I figured it would be easiest to mount them and bring them along with me next friday. Just let me know what you prefer. -Mark

We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. George S. Patton

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Apr 21 10 12:48 PM

Hi, Mark.  Wow, what a combination of news packed into the first sentence!  I'm sorry, ugh, congratulations, and ugh again.   Lastly, Thanks!  Its awesome to get more troops for the game, and to have painted them through all that too. 

The Nervii are being based on 40x60 litko stands and look like this...sort of, but on foot, and five to a stand.  I am running low on stands.  I forget, how many figs do you have?

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 21 10 12:56 PM

I only have 30, Sad I know compared to mountains alot of people have completed. I mounted them on 1 inch washers for painting purposes, but I'm afraid I dont have any Litko bases. -Mark

We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. George S. Patton

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Apr 21 10 1:12 PM

Friday will be my first day of vacation so name the time and I'll be there. I thought Tim's call for volunteers contained a typo and he meant 5am so thats what I was planning on. Let me know when you need me and what you need me to do and I'm all over it. -Mark

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Apr 21 10 6:35 PM

Alright, Mark.  I will let you know as soon as the hotel confirms the time we can get in.  I'll be in the Portland area by mid-morning, whether its at the hotel or somewhere nearby.  We have tote bags to stuff, lots of them!  Thanks for the offer of help.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Apr 22 10 6:03 AM

Count us in for stuffing bags -

Andy

Peter and Andy "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers . . ."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help