Remove this ad

#21 [url]

May 15 10 7:48 PM

Ken - Actually - I was thinking along the same lines - like a ladies night game where you let them play for free. Perhaps something very pretty and colorful with women warriors like Joan d'Arc, Boudicca, Cleopatra - you get the idea . . .
Egos may or may not matter?

Niven Baby - I can always count on you for the lowest common denominator - LOL You're such a cheeky monkey!!! The ladies would love it - we're nastier than you know . . .

Andy

Peter and Andy "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers . . ."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

May 16 10 6:04 AM

Hello All -
Just wanted to say Thank You for a great convention!!! After a 14 year absence it was brilliant to see Dean pick up the torch and cross the finish line in grand style! Though I dare say the poor guy went home and collapsed!!! We, on the other hand, stayed until the weather turned against us and just made it home this past Monday afternoon. Domestic clean up and catching up was brutal but well worth the week in Maine . . .
Peter and I were impressed by the results of all your hard work and I've sent a note to Dean with a few suggestions and pictures which he can post here or not - as necessary. The weekend was an absolute delight in every aspect but most especially because we got to see all our old gaming buddies in one place again!!! Even the weather was outstanding and most of you know how much I hate the cold!!!
I have but ONE MAJOR BITCH - why aren't there any other female gamers??????  Some of you may think otherwise but surely I'm not the ONLY woman with an interest in the hobby and history? As I mentioned to Dean - 50% of the population is female . . . So howz about a little brain-storming on how to entice the ladies into the hobby? 
Or am I speaking out of turn and it really is a boys club that wants to remain so - and you're all just humoring me [image] ?
Peace Y'all  -  through superior fire power,
Andy

-tsoldier2

Thanks for the note, Andy.  Glad you had fun, and thanks for bringing the Georgia sunshine (but not the humidity) along!  It was very much a group effort.  As the most publicly available member, I tend to get more mention, but truly could not have done it without such a good group of volunteers.

Dean

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

May 16 10 8:22 AM

Andy,

I like this line of thinking......  If anybody is interested in DBA a company called Trey Corbies is making all female DBA army packs for their Warrior Women of Erin miniatures.  www.treycorbies.com  Of course, you don't have to play DBA to put together an all female army.  But armies built around some colorful women in history has some merit.  I will have to put some thought to this. 

Shirts vs Skins??  I don't think anybody wants to see me with my shirt off.  Oh wait a second..... I get it......wink
Ken

Have brush, will travel.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

May 16 10 8:54 AM

I did get my wife and two daughters to play a couple of zombie survival games!  Turns out my wife is a dead-eye with a rifle.  One of my daughters searched a house only to find 3 zombies inside and was out of action points.  My wife heard the screams, went into the house (one of four action points gone), took 3 shots (3 more action points) and destroyed all 3 zombies!  "Don't mess with my kids, you zombie #%$@!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11231824@N08/4612181552/
I'm thinking now I might try to nudge them in the direction of historical stuff.  Darkest Africa, maybe?
Bob

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

May 16 10 11:50 AM

Bob,

I like the picture!  Yeah, mom's can be pretty protective of their kids, even in games.  Do you think your wife would prefer more of a skirmish type of game or maybe commanding a unit/army?  If you could nudge her into something historical, that is.  I'm going to get my wife to play something. 

Ken

Have brush, will travel.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

May 17 10 5:45 AM

Hello.
There are female gunfighter figures available for Old West games as well.

Bob Bailey

History is the story of ordinary people doing extraordinary things.

Quote    Reply   

fubar

superstar

#27 [url]

May 17 10 6:31 PM

Alright Lads,

Time for a few snaps I took during my games. I hope to spread out next year and get a good album for the whole convention. As it is, I didn't take enough photos to fill a matchbook, but something is better than nothing. I start with the ACW games on Friday night and Saturday morning. 

Enjoy, and I hope to see you at the tables!

Niven

The Southern Conspiracy plans their assault

Sorry, Lads.... Imagewank has changed their format- I'll get to this when I have the time....

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#28 [url]

Jun 14 10 9:32 AM

Hey Sarge!

Glad you and Peter made it home in one piece. It was fantastic seeing everyone again.

Already looking forward to next year. Ask Peter if he'd like to run a grav tank or two!

Regards to all,

Mike A.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Jun 15 10 8:32 AM

Hey Mike

Welcome aboard the forum! Fantastic for sure - I think the whole reunion aspect of the convention is at least a mentionable part of our reasons for going. I wish we could do it for a week at a time!!! With only three days it's hard to play everything you want and still have time to visit as much as you want! Come to think of it - why couldn't there be a week long convention?

Hey Dean - did you hear that? WHY NOT??????

Andy/Sarge

Peter and Andy "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers . . ."

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

Jun 16 10 5:36 AM

Hello.
Last I knew, the folks at Historicon were saying that gaming traffic was highest starting Friday mid-afternoon to Saturday early evening. Sunday was pretty quiet and the half-Thursday and Friday morning were a slowly increasing tempo until the dam broke at about 3pm on Fridays.

I agree that the reunion aspect of these things is one of my great reasons for going. Austin loves being recognized by you folks as well, and he asks about anybody he hasn't seen.

Bob Bailey

History is the story of ordinary people doing extraordinary things.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help