Ken - here are my thoughts for next year in no particular order.
1. We have played basic Impetus two years in a row and I think that we should upgrade to the full rules for next year.
2. Because you want to run a number of battles I would suggest a 300 point starter army.
3. We should also plan to run an Impetus game at the convention to give more people a chance to try the rules. It would be great if we could get about ten people to commit to the tournament.
4. We might want to think about a little marketing??
5. Keep the lists to the classical period so that we can use the troops from Sabis for those who want to play, but do not have any ancients of their own.
6. What happened to our friends from New Hampshire who were there last year?
7. The guys who came up from Maryland were playing Impetus with 6mm figs. If they come next year we should get a note out to them earlier and have them play with the big boys.
8. Next year we should get four or five people to commit to bringing one game table set-up.
9. I liked how we rotated winners and losers this year to give everyone a shot at victory. Is there some formula for this we could publish earlier?
10. We should run some Impetus games at the summer and fall game days to give people a chance to try out the rules and recruit some new players
Time to paint some more Macedonians.
In conclusion I note that you did not mention that your cowardly Persians spent the entire day trying to avoid coming to grips with Alexander. We cut our way through three different armies to get our hands on you only to have you whine and go "out of time - sorry". Next year dog!